1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons freshly ground or grated parmesan
1. Prehear the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place the Brussels sprouts and garlic in the center of a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Gently mix until the Brussels sprouts are evenly coated, then spread them into a single layer on the baking sheet. For even better crisping, flip the Brussels sprouts so that they are all cut sides down.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir in the parmesan cheese. 5. Continue baking 10 to 20 additional minutes, until the Brussels sprouts are lightly charred and crisp on the outside and tender in the center. The outer leaves will be very dark too. Watch carefully towards the end of the baking time, as the cooking time will vary based on the size of your sprouts. Remove from the oven. Season with additional salt and/or pepper to taste.
6. Enjoy immediately or at room temperature.